english index tobacco control  
Index written in English

A photography when Dr. Miyamoto talked with the Japanese Emperor, in Marunouchi, Tokyo.
The fourth man standing in line awaiting the turn was Dr. Miyamoto.
The Empress Michiko was also attended to this meeting, celebrating the international
exchange program, Fulbright, between Japan and the United States.
Date of photo was unrecorded. However, it was circa 1990.


Junhaku Miyamoto,M.D.,PhD.

Photograph was taken in July 2007.

1959: graduated from Keio University, School of Medicine.
1959-1960: Internship training at Johnson Air Force Hospital in Japan
1960: Receive 3-year exchange scholarship program between U.S. and Japan.
1960-1963: Washington Hospital Center, D.C. and Michael Reese Hospital and Medical Center, Chicago
1963-1972: A private medical practice in Tokyo
1972-1974: University Hospital and Victoria Hospital, University of Western Ontario, Canada
1974-1978: Tokyo Women's Medical University Hospital
After 1978 up to 2018, Dr. Miyamoto has retired from a medical practice in the Motoropolitan Tokyo area.

Dr. Miyamoto is a director of the website, ' Smoke-free Hotel and Travel'.

Newspaper(Herald Tribune International)
Title: Japan must move faster on anti-smoking law, by Dr.Junhaku Miyamoto.

Dr. Miyamoto' s PC desk in 2000s

Dr.Miyamoto is the author of 2004 Smoke-free Restaurants and Cafes in Tokyo. This book, written in Japanese,
presented the individual on-the-spot survey of 1500 restaurants and cafes in the central part of Tokyo.
This field work was conducted in 2003.

(L) The 2004 Guide Book to the nonsmoking restaurant and cafe in Tokyo by Junhaku Miyamoto, M.D.
(R) The Lonely Wolf Country

A new book entitled [ The Lonely Wolf Country ] disclosed the memoir of history of inadequate Japanese smoke-free laws.
The smoking-restriction ordinance first came into operation in Kanagawa Prefecture, west of Tokyo, in April 2010.
A 70% small-scale restaurant, cafe and bar were excluded from this law. For the rest of 30% relatively large-scale firms,
it was requested to select the all non-smoking or with a separate smoking room in their hospitality facilities.
This first ordinance to control smoking caused a significant adverse effect to the policy of the central government.
It abandoned completely the total smoking ban in an indoor public space. Instead, it newly enacted an official financial aid
to create a smoking room inside of building. The subsidy rate was 25% of construction cost of smoking room.
In May 2013, the government increased the rate to 50%, to assist to build a smoking room in restaurants and bars as well.
This is completely different government policy against many other advanced countries, in which a total smoking ban is enforced
in the hospitality firms. This book was written on the history of smoking control, how and what it happened in the Japanese society.
「一匹狼の国」 1,000 yen: The book has been sold out; however, if you are lucky, you may buy it on line.

Footprints on the earth of Dr. J. Miyamoto
Facebook ( Mainly, in Japanese )

english index tobacco control 日本語

Special Note:
 Russia unduly occupies our Northern Territories of Japan.
Smoke-free hotels in Japan
 Domestic travel in Japan
 Smoke-free should be the minimum standard for the host city in the Olympic.
 WHO: Smoking should be banned in all public spaces.
 World population: seven billion v.s. Declining birth rate in Japan
 Nobody in the earth can destroy the natural beauty of the land.
 Stop merging war criminals and war victims at Yasukuni Shrine.
 Tax saving's rental housing is mushrooming.

www. smokefree.jpn.com
The way to contact to the writter
Smoke-free rental condominium in Tokyo (PR)
Junhaku Miyamoto: profile

Smoke-free Hotel and Travel

受動喫煙防止条例  屋内全面禁煙  屋内喫煙設備撤去 鉄道車内完全禁煙レンタカー レストラン バー 飲食店 ホテル 空港 喫煙規制
Restaurant hotel railway rent-a-car travel airport condominium tobacco smoking ban
   Twitter@worldviewtokyo   Twitter: @smokefreejpn